Days when there was one movie screen. Everybody went. It cost a nickel.
![]() |
| Photo by Tommy Hughes Bowling Green Since 1950 |
Days when there was one telephone operator. Phone numbers looked weird, phone lines were shared, and nosy neighbors were on the other end.
Back when you grew your own food.
Lit your own oil lamps.
Read your own books.
Thought your own thoughts.
No, it wasn't the pretty, Instagram-altered life we wish it had been.
But it was real and it required real, human attention.
Brought to you, on my very own Apple, first sent to me via YouTube in my very own Facebook mailbox, a reminder that we are but minions in one vast, very fake, empire (and yes, Disney, that includes you):





Portia, You ALWAYS know how to SAY IT BEST!!! These blogs I can totally relate to and I completely connect with you every time you share. Thanks so much Friend. I love you for taking the time to address REAL LIFE! And, I love you...
ReplyDeleteLove the old Capitol photo! Good thing we have internet and computers or we wouldn't be seeing this blog! Thanks!
ReplyDelete